This individual will be responsible for the test automation in squads responsible for the delivery of software that is key to the Bank’s Digital strategy. Furthermore the delivery methodology is using the agile methodology. Hence the incumbent should have the correct maturity for an agile point of view, as well as be well versed not only with the agile practices, but also the roles of the test automation engineer in the agile squad and be a meaningful contributor to the squad and their objective. He should be well versed with the relevant technologies articulated below and be able to provide some technical insight where required. Below are the details in terms of what is expected
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the delivery of a well-structure and standard designed, quality assurance solution.
- Report the resolution of issues timeously to avoid unplanned expenses which could result in late delivery and stability issues once operational.
- Work closely with chapter lead, developer, architect, product owner and other stakeholders to meet the expectations of our client(s).
- Build and foster deep relationship with peers, subject matter expert, developer, product owner and other stakeholders through honest communication which align to the Bank’s Values.
- Liaise with stakeholders across Group Technology stakeholders to build a network that will align to the nWoW.
- Participate in the sprint planning, test estimation and success criteria per story.
- Discuss the low level design and functional requirements with the chapter lead, application/solution architect to understand the approach to test automation.
- Collaborate with the Enterprise Quality Assurance core technical team to seek improvements to the test harness, automation framework and overall platform.
- Promote the automation framework and tool adopted by the Enterprise Quality Assurance team.
- Perform ad hoc peer review of the automated test assets being maintained by the Software Test Engineer (STE) to ensure conformance of the process and governance.
- Develop/extend the automation scripts using the automation framework for execution.
- Implement the test automation with the objective that it has adequate coverage within the sprint and can be re-used for regression testing.
- Ensure the solution meet the architectural and development standards that is re-usable and scalable.
- Confirm that the automation test suite implemented is appropriately catalogued.
- Record defect(s) using the pre-defined defect management tool and ensure the relevant information is captured accurately that will assist with the root cause analysis.
- Collaborate with the stakeholder(s) to ensure the resolution of a defect and the root cause analysis is performed and recorded.
- Report status of testing to the quality assurance squad daily.
- Participate in all retrospective reviews.
- Understand and manage my own demand based on expected timelines articulated by the line-management and project expectations.
- Provide guidance to the Software Test Engineers (STE) within the team to improve their technical capabilities.
- Minimum of 3 years development experience and 3 testing experience.
- Minimum of 2 year experience in agile delivery and exposure to Test Driven Development, Behaviors Driven Development and in continuous delivery model.
- Proficient in object-orientated Programming (OOP).
- Proficient in development languages; C# & Java
- Proficient in API testing.
- Proficient in Mobile Application development and mobile performance testing.
- Proficient in the use of Soap and RESTFUL services.
- Proficient in the use of Selenium, Appium, Soap UI, Jira, Jenkins, Bit Bucket.
- Experience in the configuration and setup of CI solutions
- Preference will be given to applicants with banking experience.
- Only South Africans with degrees / (( Diploma requires solid 5 years banking experience )).