LOCATIONS: Johannesburg / Cape Town
We are looking for candidates who can fulfil the role of a Performance Tester. Successful candidates should be able to provide assurance of the robustness of software solutions by testing beyond the limits of normal operation of mission critical systems under load in consultation with software developers, Oracle DBA’s and Network Specialists.
OUTPUT | CORE TASKS
- Review Business functionality and technical specifications to develop test plans and pack.
- Develop scripts for load/stress/capacity testing using HP LoadRunner.
- Manage testing of all projects to ensure timely delivery and quality implemented solutions.
- Ensure rigorous testing is conducted and test cases compiled.
- Compile and maintain required documentation, Testing packs and specifications.
- Implement practical solutions that use the specialist and departmental systems and processes.
- Provide specialist input and recommendations to improve the efficiency, compliance and quality objectives related to the area of specialisation.
- Ensure that adequate knowledge regarding specialisation is shared as required and maintained within the research library.
- Maintain, develop and implement specialist knowledge within the day to day operations of the organisation.
- Ensure CPD (Continual Professional Development) or similar accreditation requirements are met annually to ensure maintained specialist accreditation.
- Engage with and provide support to the established network of internal and external expert resources and partners.
- Provide Specialist expertise and ensure best practice related to specialisation is implemented in projects, when required.
- Conform to Project Management disciplines when participating in projects.
- Create Test Scripts for the Test Cases.
- Identify the functional scenarios to do Performance Testing.
- Build the environment for Performance Testing.
- Design load, stress, and scalability testing
- Analyse, prepare and publish test reports to Leads
- Update daily/weekly status to QA Manager/Lead
- IT related degree and certification on relevant IT systems.
- Be a member of related professional bodies.
- 3 – 4 years relevant Performance Testing using HP LoadRunner/Performance Centre.
- HP LoadRunner expertise with direct scripting experience employing protocols HTTP/HTML, Web Services, Oracle NCA, AJAX, AJAX TruClient.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL Query tools desirable.
- Preferred experience with HP SiteScope and Diagnostics tools.
- Experience with client-server, services, web, mobile, database, and SOA technologies / frameworks.
- Experience in performance engineering and in strategising Performance Tests for large or distributed programs.
- Experience in Agile Performance Testing.
- Working experience with Database.
- Serviceable knowledge of SOAP, WSDL, XML required.
- Knowledge of HP Quality Center.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, MS Project).
- Coding skills using SQL scripting.
- Oracle Forms knowledge will be an added advantage.
- Strong understanding of Performance Testing life cycle and concepts.
- System Performance Testing methodology awareness: peak, spike & endurance tests
- Understand the application and write test cases/scripts/conditions and its review preferably using HP LoadRunner.
- Systems Performance tuning will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and application of relevant legislation.
- Knowledge and application of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology.
- Strong communication skills and a good team player and the ability to interact with business users.
- Interpersonal Sensitivity.
- Strategic awareness.
- Delivers results.
- Develop self.
- Commits to One Medscheme/AfA/Helios (Operational).
- Demonstrates customer focus.
- Demonstrates creativity.
- Conflict management.
- Computer technology skills.
- Communication skills.
- Business writing skills.
- Knowledge and application of testing tools.
- Attention to accuracy and detail.
- Numerical ability.
- Problem solving.
- Customer focus.
- Only open to South African citizens
- If you have not had a response from us within seven days, please consider your application unsuccessful.